Restorative Exercise in North Charleston, SC
Restorative Exercise in North Charleston, SC: Restorative exercises may vary and change from patient to patient, but the goal is always the same. The aim of a rehabilitation program is to regain pre-injury levels in all aspects of physical fitness. A full rehabilitation and therapeutic exercise program is essential to ensure full recovery and to prevent further injury. These exercises sometimes include muscle stretching, joint mobility exercises or muscle strengthening exercises. A full rehabilitation and therapeutic exercise program is essential to ensure a full recovery and prevent re-injury.
Correction of muscle imbalance problems around the shoulder, hip or knee are addressed effectively with exercise rehabilitation guided by a trained professional. Core stability muscles are also an important part of the treatment of chronic lower back pain.
Benefits of Doctor Supervised Rehabilitative Exercise Programs
- Reduces or eliminates pain
- Can help avoid surgery
- Improves mobility
- Aids in recovery from or preventing sports injuries
- Improves balance
- Manages diabetes and vascular conditions
- Helps manage and prevent health issues due to aging.
Improve Flexibility and Balance with Restorative Exercise
Flexibility is the the ability to extend or stretch without breaking. The term is usually used to describe muscles but can also be used to describe a movement involving a number of muscles. Along with rehabilitation building muscle strength and aiding in recovery, these exercises can also improve flexibility. This is a vital part of maintaining a sound body.
Balance can sometimes be difficult after injury. More often than not, the body sometimes works to compensate for weak areas regardless of whether you are injured or not. Something as simple as daily activities can throw the body off-balance in some way.
When someone does have an injury, the ability to balance is sometimes slowed down and needs to be re-trained. It is also important for some people who have poor reaction times and are significantly more prone to injuries.
Some Reasons Why People Seek Rehabilitation Include:
- Neck pain and low back pain
- Arthritis in one or multiple joints
- Fractures and other orthopedic conditions
- Bowel or bladder incontinence
- Chronic fatigue and weakness
- Pre- and post-surgical conditioning and strengthening
- Fitness and wellness education including weight loss and prevention of osteoporosis
- Respiratory problems / poor cardiovascular endurance
- Extremity problems
- Common sprains and muscle strains
- Sports related injuries
We Gladly Accept Most Insurance
Visit Our 3 Chiropractic & Rehabilitative Clinics in North Charleston, Summerville, and Moncks Corner!
- North Charleston Office: 7565 Rivers Ave C, North Charleston, SC 29406 – Call to Book an Appointment: (843) 764-1995
- Summerville Office: 105 S Cedar St Suite C, Summerville, SC 29483 – Call to Book an Appointment: (843) 832-6999
- Moncks Corner Office: 255 US-52, Moncks Corner, SC 29461- Call to Book an Appointment: (843) 761-6111