Physical Therapy in North Charleston, SC
Physical Therapy in North Charleston, SC: Physical therapy (also known as physiotherapy) is an important part of a treatment plan for many conditions. Physiotherapy is also used effectively in helping injured workers return to the workforce, people suffering from arthritis and people recovering from surgery.
A full rehabilitation and strengthening program is essential to ensure full recovery and in order to prevent further injury. These exercises sometimes include muscle stretching, joint mobility exercises or muscle strengthening. A rehabilitation and strengthening program is essential to ensure full recovery and prevent re-injuries.
Custom Exercise and Stretching Programs Help the Body Heal After an Injury
Exercises may vary and change from patient to patient, but the goal is always the same. The aim of a rehabilitation program is to regain pre-injury levels in all aspects of physical fitness. Correction of muscle imbalance problems around the shoulder, hip or knee are addressed effectively with exercise rehabilitation guided by a trained professional. Core stability muscles are also an important part of the treatment of chronic lower back pain.
Benefits of Physical Rehabilitation:
- Reduces or eliminates pain
- Can help avoid surgery
- Improves mobility
- Recover from or prevent sports injuries
- Improves balance
- Manages diabetes and vascular conditions
- Helps manage and prevent health issues due to aging
Non-Invasive Physical Rehabilitation Modalities Used at Our Clinics
- Exercise Rehabilitation: Therapeutic exercises help to alleviate pain by improving the muscle strength and flexibility. Our licensed physical therapists are trained to restore mobility while often reducing the need for long-term use of prescription medications and their side effects.
- Spinal Adjustments: Spinal adjustments help to promote optimal nervous system function thereby reducing / eliminating pain and increasing the body’s ability to heal itself.
- Hot / Cold Therapy: Hot and cold treatment therapy is used at our clinic to treat patients with everything from arthritis to pulled muscles or inflammation. The key to this type of treatment is knowing when to utilize heat therapy and when to utilize cold therapy.
- Neuromuscular Massage: Coupled with chiropractic adjustments and exercise rehabilitation, massage therapy can help to relieve musculo-skeletal stress and pain for our patients.
- Electic Muscle Stimulation: Electrodes placed strategically across the body stimulate muscle contractions to help to control pain, manage inflammation and strengthen the muscle.
We Gladly Accept Most Insurance
Visit Our 3 Chiropractic & Rehabilitative Clinics in North Charleston, Summerville, and Moncks Corner!
- North Charleston Office: 7565 Rivers Ave C, North Charleston, SC 29406 – Call to Book an Appointment: (843) 764-1995
- Summerville Office: 105 S Cedar St Suite C, Summerville, SC 29483 – Call to Book an Appointment: (843) 832-6999
- Moncks Corner Office: 255 US-52, Moncks Corner, SC 29461- Call to Book an Appointment: (843) 761-6111