Electrical Muscle Stimulation in North Charleston, SC
Electrical Muscle Stimulation in North Charleston, SC: Family Chiropractic and Massage of Charleston provides electrical muscle stimulation to patients in North Charleston, Summerville, Moncks Corner and the surrounding areas of South Carolina. Electric muscle stimulation is a physical rehabilitation therapy modality that is used to stimulate muscle contractions using electrodes hooked up to an electric stimulation machine at our facility. These contractions help to control pain, manage inflammation and strengthen the muscle.
How Electric Muscle Stim Works
Electrodes are placed on the effected areas of the patient’s body around the neck, back, shoulder, knee, ankle or wrist. The therapist will then adjust the controls of the machine until the patient feels a prickly sensation and is able to comfortably target the level of stim without burning, stinging or feeling a stabbing sensation. The stimulation will increase circulation and reduce swelling thereby reducing pain sensations.
Benefits of Electric Muscle Stimulation for Rehabilitation
- Prevents and reverses muscle atrophy
- Offers fast muscle recovery
- Improves range of motion
- Generates energy for muscle activities
- Reduces inflammation
- Decreases pain
We Gladly Accept Most Insurance
Visit Our 3 Chiropractic & Rehabilitative Clinics in North Charleston, Summerville, and Moncks Corner!
- North Charleston Office: 7565 Rivers Ave C, North Charleston, SC 29406 – Call to Book an Appointment: (843) 764-1995
- Summerville Office: 105 S Cedar St Suite C, Summerville, SC 29483 – Call to Book an Appointment: (843) 832-6999
- Moncks Corner Office: 255 US-52, Moncks Corner, SC 29461- Call to Book an Appointment: (843) 761-6111